Saturday, December 3, 2011

Life with a 1 year old

     Life with a 1 year old is much different than just a few months ago.  Whenever I am around other kids who are even 1 month younger than Colt, I realize how much changes in a month!  Here are some of our favorite things....
  • Colt loves to give huge hugs.  He just wraps his arms around our necks and squeezes.  Probably the best feelings I have ever had
  • He likes to march, spin and dance.  He dances ALL the time
  • He loves to listen to music.  Every morning I ask him if he wants to listen to Christmas music and he gets so excited
  • He runs everywhere!
  • He talks/yells all the time.  I am used to it, but in the grocery store the other day, I realized that not everyone is used to it
  • He loves to race me and have me chase him
  • He gets super excited when Justin comes home from work
  • He does not like Sunday school at church.  He has been kicked out every week for the last few months
  • He loves anything with buttons
  • I have a drawer with travel size things in it, and he is obsessed with the drawer.  He picks something out and takes it with him on a tour of the house
  • He loves to wave to everyone
  • He likes to hoard things- he puts them in his truck and then we can't find anything
  • He takes things out of our closet and puts them in other rooms
  • He says"mama" "dada" "bye bye" "ball" "nana" for banana and "chicken"- kinda  But he will try to say anything you say
  • He loves to kick his soccer ball and throw balls everywhere
  • He LOVES the outdoors.  He just stands at the door and signs "open" to try to get out
  • He amazes me with his dressing skills.  He holds his arms out for me to put on his shirts and if he has a toy in his hand, he transfers it to the other hand before putting that arm out to put his shirt on.  This is huge for me because I see so many of my kids with autism that don't do this at 7 years old.  He also holds his legs up for me to take his pants off to get in the tub.
  • He is in love with Cheerios and the squeezable fruit pouches
  • He points to our pictures and says mama and dada
  • He loves to pet Winston and hug him
  • When he gets in his truck to go for rides, he always picks a stuffed animal to take with him
I posted some videos of Colt dancing.  Justin and I are making fools of ourselves, but Colt loved it!


No comments:

Post a Comment