Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mini Marathon

Yesterday my dad and I ran the mini marathon.  It was my first 500 festival mini (the largest mini in the world).  My dad hadn't run it in 10 years and is 54 years old.  I told myself that if he could do it, I could too.  The day started off a little rocky- my alarm didn't go off, but we made it on time. I ran the race with Jodi and Ana.  I slowed them down a bit, but after my last mini that ended so horribly (lots of tears and bllisters) I was determined to take this one slow and enjoy it.  I cried as I ran several times thinking about my dad doing this and how hard he trained.  And as I did the last time, each time I thought I was in pain, I reminded myself of my dad, the kids I worked with in the hospital and the families I was able to meet.  No pain is anywhere close to what they endured.  All in all, it was a wonderful day and I am so glad I could share it all with my dad.  We had lots of supporters and Justin even had Colt out of his stroller as I crossed the finish to cheer for me- even in the rain!  Thanks everyone.
pre-race good luck kiss

DONE!

We made it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment