Monday, August 29, 2011

Birthday Celebrations

     Last week was my birthday, but I don't want to make a big deal about it because Justin says my birthday is like Hanukkah and it goes on forever... haha.  I guess that is what happens when you have a lot of families. 
      For my celebration with Justin, we went to Fogo de Chao.  It was Devour Downtown, so they had a cheaper menu.  It was honestly the best meal I have ever had.  It is a Brazilian steakhouse, so it is endless amounts of meat.  I don't like meat that much, but it was so good.  After that we went to South Bend Chocolate Company and got ice cream (duh- how could I have a birthday without ice cream!)
     The next evening we went to the Indians game with my dad, Delaine, Karri, Kim and Shaun, and Maddie and Kaleb.  We go to a game every year and it is so much fun.  Last year was much different- I was 30 weeks pregnant and it was HOT!  This year it was really hot, but we had a very antsy little boy with us.  But the kids were awesome.  We had some other friends there that jokingly said "you guys don't even watch the game."  And I told dad, we could hang out for free at home, but he says none of us show up, so I guess even though we don't watch the game, it brings us together.  There were fireworks afterwards, which were fun, but Colt wasn't so sure about them.
     That weekend we had dinner with my mom's family, and Keaton got to come home and celebrate with us too!  I was so excited to see him!  It was also really nice to be able to spend some time with my grandma and grandpa.
          Finally, we got to celebrate with Chuck, Sue, Josh and Beth.  Sue's birthday is August 21st, so we usually get to celebrate together.  We went to Texas Roadhouse for lunch and then came back to our messy house and had ice cream cake. 
     We are so blessed to have family close by and so thankful that we have so many people who care about us.  Thanks for the wonderful birthday everyone!!!

Family Birthday Picture

Having Fun With Papaw

Colt and Kaleb

Not Sure About The Fireworks

Hi Keaton



Sharing Our Birthday Cake.  Happy 60th Sue!!

No comments:

Post a Comment