Monday, May 27, 2013

We'rePregnant!

   After 18 months of trying to get pregnant, Justin and I decided to adopt a child (after A LOT of prayer!).  While we were waiting for our adoption meeting, we found out we were pregnant!
   I decided to take a test on the way out the door to go to Justin's grandpa's funeral.  I was crying so loud when I saw the positive, that Justin could hear me downstairs in the kitchen.  He thought something was wrong with me, so he came to check on me, and I told him what we had been waiting to hear for a year a and a half.  I couldn't believe we were finally pregnant.
   Unfortunately, later that day we found out some of our friends lost their baby at 21 weeks.  We decided to keep our news to ourselves and give them some time to heal.  But we secretly went about planning for our new arrival.  We went shopping, started talking about new cars, and making plans for our new family of four.
   I cannot explain the joy that we felt.  My heart was so full.  We felt like this baby was a gift from God; a miracle.  We even talked about naming the baby Samuel if it was a boy.  In the Bible, Hannah prayed for a baby and when her prayers were answered, she was given a boy, and named him Samuel, which means "God heard my prayers."  This baby was our answer to years of prayer.
   We told Colt right away, and he was so excited.  He asked to talk to the baby every night.  He wanted to see the baby, kiss the baby and talked about the baby all the time.  He would even try to lift my shirt up so he could see my tummy and talk to the baby when we were walking through the grocery.  The big day was set for Jan 2nd!  To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment