Sunday, March 11, 2012

Back To Work

      A lot of things have been changing around here.  Justin and I have been praying and thinking about several big topics in our lives.  We have been throwing around the idea of me going back to work on a full-time basis.  I applied for a job at Riley.  In the mean time, I continued to substitute at the autism center.  Things did not work out at Riley, so after much prayer and consideration, we decided I should take an opportunity that was given to me to return full-time at ABC.  I shed a lot of tears, but we felt like God was really leading us in this direction.  
      Today was my first day back.  Colt had a difficult day in daycare.  He spent most of the day crying.  I am able to check on him and eat my lunch with him, which makes things a bit easier.  I peeked in to check on him a few times, and he was pathetic.  It broke my heart.  When I went in the room to eat lunch with him, he looked at me like I had just rescued him from the worst place on Earth.  Unfortunately, I had to leave him and go back to work.  To make things worse, it was a very hard day for me too.  The new kid I had really challenged me.  I took the position thinking I would have 2 specific kids, and found out today that I will not have either of them.  It was a big challenge, but I am choosing to trust God.  There must be a reason I am here. 
     I am sure the days will get easier, and I will grow to love the new kids.  Colt will get used to day care and will love playing with all the kids.  By far, the best part of my day was when I went to pick Colt up at the end of the day.  He looked at me and ran to me.  He wrapped his arms around me, sat me down, turned himself around and sat down in my lap.  The way he looked at me was priceless.

No comments:

Post a Comment