Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Canada 2012

   I started a job share with another mom at work, so I now have every other week off.  It is great because we can go on vacation any time we want and I don't have to ask for time off.  So, I decided I would take Colt to the island since I had some time.  Justin couldn't go, so it was just Colt and I on the very long drive.  We stopped on the way up, because no one would let me go otherwise, and stayed the night.  We made it there the next day and Colt was perfect in the car.  He watched Mickey Mouse the whole way up.
   We had a lot of fun while we were there.  He was able to ride in the boat a few times.  We also went to church by the old general store.  They had a tie and buy after church.  Basically a garage sale out of people's boats.  I bought Colt a stuffed loon like Grandma and Grandpa have at home and a watering can.
     Grandpa got Colt a Dock Demon fishing rod and we tried to teach him how to fish.  But he just wanted to dip the pole in the water and swing it around.  Grandpa did manage to get one in the net and put it on Colt's pole. He LOVED dropping it in the water and then trying to reel it back in.  His other favorite activity was throwing rocks off the front of the island. 
   After 4 1/2 days, we decided to head home.  We did the drive in one day this time.  Colt was perfect again.  Thank goodness for Mickey.  I was exhausted but we made it!  Not to mention, we had so much fun.  I am sure the island will be a special place for him just like it is for me.
The old church

Watering raspberries with the can I bought

Bath in the sink, just like when I was growing up

Just a little love

The view

I got the pool for free at the tie and buy

Throwing rocks off the island

That is his fish!  A little sunfish

Trying to fish off the boat... with a real hook!

This is how you go 12 hours... Mickey, Timbits, a blanket and his baby elephant

No comments:

Post a Comment