Saturday, October 29, 2011

Birthday Party!

     We planned Colt's party to be on his exact birthday.  It was going to be a crazy day, so we decided to go out to breakfast, just the three of us, to have some time together before it got hectic.  We are so excited to make this a tradition for our family.  So... off to Cracker Barrel we went.  Colt enjoyed a birthday pancake and we loved soaking up all the time we could with him.
     We had the party at our house and asked our family to come to the party early so they could have some alone time with him before everyone got here.  We had just a few minutes to watch him open a some presents.  Everyone started showing up right on time and before you know it, the house was packed.  We invited 79 people!  Thank goodness only 40 showed up.  I don't think our house could hold much more!  We prayed and thanked God for blessing all of us with Colt and thanked Him for giving us so man people who genuinely care about Colt.  What a blessing!
     We had special ham sandwiches, white cheesy potatoes, green bean casserole and taco salad.  We had an apple cake made for Colt and I made apple dumplings instead of having cake for everyone else.  We also had a make-your-own carmel apple bar.  I went to make an example, and dropped boiling carmel on my hand.  So I spent the rest of the night with an ice pack on my hand!
     After dinner and cake, Colt opened all of his presents.  He was pretty excited to see all of them.  At the end, Justin brought in our present for him- a Little Tikes pick-up truck.  He absolutely LOVED it.  For the rest of the night, he would open the door, get in and honk the horn. 
      We sat around and talked, thanks to my mom, dad and Josh and Beth, who cleaned up so we could socialize.  It was an amazing party and we are so appreciative of all the people who love and care about Colt.  Justin and I feel so blessed to have such an awesome family and to have so many of our grandparents left.  My Grandma Wooden and Grandma and Grandpa Wagner were able to come to the party and Justin's Grandpa Charlie and his wife Lou were able to come too! 
     Colt woke up this morning and went straight to his truck and honked the horn.  Then he went to the pile of presents and got out the farmer from his Little People and laid in his presents for several minutes.  What a great birthday!


The birthday cake

A birthday kiss from Leah

Cookie Monster



My new truck!


Chuck, Sue, Josh, Justin, Colt, Beth and me

Grandpa and Grandma Wagner, Mom, Colt and me

Grandma Wooden, Dad, Colt and me


My best friends!

Laying in his presents this morning

1 comment:

  1. whitney,you have perfected the gramma camera style. I am sooo sad I wasn't there to see everyone. When I have lots of money I'll fly down for all this stuff :)

    ReplyDelete