Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Seriously?

     Well, it has been quite the few weeks around here.  Colt has continued to be sick since our trip to Canada so we went back to the doctor.  I was not feeling well either, so I made appointments for both of us.  We found out Colt has strep throat.  Poor kid!  No wonder he has been waking up in the night screaming!  So I was certain that I had strep too, but my test came back negative.  Then we started looking at all the things wrong with me lately.  I had some spots show up on my hands the day before that seemed to be multiplying and had shown up on my feet too.  And when I looked in my throat, what I thought were spots, were now huge blisters... GROSS!  So, they diagnosed me with Hand Foot and Mouth Disease. 
     I have been miserable and unable to eat or drink for almost 4 days.  But they assured me with the medicine, my throat would be numb and I would be able to eat (not true).  Well, by the end of the night, it was getting worse and kept me awake all night.  When I "woke up" I realized the spots had spread to my legs and arms.  So, more tests ordered, and I guess we will see what is wrong with me.  Justin won't touch me or get near me.  And I am terrified that I will give it to Colt.  I actually compared how horrible it is to giving birth.  I would never want him to have to experience this.  Needless to say, there will be no pictures this post.... the two of us are scary!

No comments:

Post a Comment