Saturday, October 8, 2011

Picky Eater

    I promised myself that I would not have a kid that was a picky eater.  I thought I did everything I could to keep it from happening, but here we are.  I should have known better since Justin is so picky!  Colt loves bananas, applesauce, yogurt, cheese, bread and grapes.  But that is it!  If I even try to give him something different, he puts his hands over his mouth and refuses.  I have to shove macaroni and cheese in his mouth while he is screaming to get him to even try it.  He likes it once he gets started, but he refuses to eat everything at first. 
    I also lost all my milk when I came down with HFM.  I had attempted to transition him to whole milk with the milk I had saved by mixing them, but my milk ran out before I expected.  So, now he is refusing to drink any milk.  And he never drank juice or water, so he is really dehydrated right now.   UGH!  I think meal time is the most frustrating thing as a parent.  I really want him to be a good eater when he grows up.

No comments:

Post a Comment