Monday, May 7, 2012

Mini Marathon

I ran in my 3rd mini, 2nd 500 festival mini this weekend!  I have been having a very difficult time with my training this time around.  I finished my first mini in record setting time for me.  Since I have had Colt, things have been much different.  I get HORRIBLE side stitches where he used to lay.  And I was so nervous because they were calling for very hot temperatures and high humidity.  But I paced myself, and I loved the race.  I started to cry several times just listening to complete strangers cheer for me.  I also bought someone else's number, so everyone kept cheering "Go Lisa!"  It took me a while to figure out they were cheering for me.  Haha.  My dad ran it this year too.  I was so proud of him.  During training, I was ready to give up on running altogether.  But after the race, I am reenergized.  It was so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment