Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Live.Learn.Love

I have seen the phrase a million times, but it is so true as a wife, mom, daughter and sister.  This post is a note to myself, several years down the line, when I wonder what in the world my life used to be like. 
  •  Every night when I rock Colt before bed, I think to myself- I truly am the luckiest mom in the world!  As my mom always said  "I always did feel sorry for the other moms"
  • I used to think being the mom of a 6 month old was the coolest thing ever... not true.  Being the mom of a 10 month old is even cooler.
  • Colt was sick this week.  After taking him to the ER and to the doctor, we found out he had a sinus infection.  I felt helpless and frustrated.  Like I should have all the answers and know what was wrong... I'm his mom!  This is where the Live.Learn.Love comes from- you just have to roll with the punches, learn as you go and love life along the way.  Colt would scream for hours in the car, hang on my leg and refuse to let anyone else hold him.  And yet, I would look at him and love him with everything I have, because he is my son.
  • I clean up toys about 10 times a day.  Not sure why I even bother. 
  • The thought of wasting money drives me crazy.  But I got so excited when I bought Colt size 6-18 month socks and they didn't fit.  Can't wait to spend money and buy him even bigger ones.
  • I have no idea what I did with all my time before I had a house and a family!
  • I love being home with Colt, but I get a little stir crazy most days.  I am a little nervous about being home all winter.
  • Running is my escape.  I ran in the rain today.  There is something about running in the rain that makes me feel alive. 
  • I have really good friends... I mean really good friends.  And I am afraid of losing them.  I know life brings changes and I want to make sure I stay close with all of them.
Live.Learn.Love
  • Bible study once a week has been HUGE for me.  I have grown a lot and I really enjoy getting to spend some time with other women who value their faith too.

1 comment:

  1. Hope your little man starts feeling better soon. It sounds like you're enjoying this mommy business very well. :) And you're doing a great job! Miss You!

    ReplyDelete