Wednesday, February 2, 2011

A few endorsements...

This is the section that I should get paid for! 
My friend Lainey told me about a book that she read when she had her son.  It's called BABYWISE.  Something you should understand about our relationship is that we met when we were working for as "behaviorists" for children with autism.  So- we believe in the power of shaping behavior.  The gist of the book is that babies can have their behavior shaped in a way that benefits them and the parents.  You do this by putting the baby on a flexible schedule.  I think it is a hard concept for some to grasp, but I just have to say that I am a HUGE believer in it!!! 
We put Colt on a flexible 3 hour schedule- he eats every 3 hours and after each feeding- he stays awake for 1.5 hours and then takes a nap for 1.5 hours- then start all over.  It took some getting used to and we had to go through a few weeks of frustration- trying to keep Colt awake during awake time and getting him used to not being held all the time during his naps.  BUT... it has worked so well!  He started sleeping 8 hours a night the night he turned 10 weeks old.  And the night he turned 13 weeks, he started sleeping 10- 10.5 hours a night.  So- I HIGHLY recommend BABYWISE.
Next... I was watching Ellen when Ryan Gossling was on telling about the gift he bought for everyone in his family.  They were called Jumpin Jammerz and they are footy pajamas with hoods- for adults!  Justin had been asking for one all Winter, so I took the rest of my Christmas money and bought him one.  It is so warm!  He may not be happy when I post the pic, but it is funny :)  So I hope you enjoy it!

Colt's first night in his crib!  We haven't looked back since!


No comments:

Post a Comment