Sunday, February 20, 2011

Visiting Keaton

This weekend Colt and I went with my dad and Delaine to visit Keaton in Chicago.  I hadn't been to see him since he moved there, so it was great to see him and his apartment.  First we stopped at the hotel he works at (The James- very fancy!) and said hi.  I am so proud of him!!  He moved to Chicago to be a producer, but is working at the James to pay the bills.  Bottom line- it is a pretty cool job and he is doing great at it.  Friday morning, Keaton, dad and I went for a run along Lake Michigan- yea... it was pretty awesome- much better than running around my neighborhood.  Then we went for breakfast at Tweet.  Keaton had to go to work, so we rode the L downtown and went shopping and then met up with him for dinner at Quartino's.  He also got us pizza from Giordano's just in case we wanted that!  How nice! 
The weekend went way too fast, but it was so good to see Keaton.  I miss him so much now that he isn't as close to home, but it was so great to be able to have him show us around his new home.  It was also really fun to get to spend time with dad and Delaine :)  Thanks everyone for an awesome weekend.

As soon as Keaton walked in the door he asked to hold Colt- he is such a good uncle!

Colt's first ride on the L

Dad- acting as Colt's transportation for the day

posing with the alpaca for daddy

Two peas in a pod- surgery buddies
(dad had surgery when he was born too- almost the exact same thing)

Keaton wanted me to try bubble tea- and this is what came out of the straw

1 comment:

  1. Hi Whitney - this is Rachel (Christensen) Goochey, from way back in Winchester. My mom saw your blog and passed on the link so I just wanted to say hello. Your little man is so sweet, how old is he? I actually just gave birth to my first daughter, Alma, on Valentine's Day and she and Colt have the same little bear snowsuit. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete