Sunday, February 27, 2011

rough

Colt has had a few rough days this week.  Now that he is a rolling machine (only when it's bed time) he has had a lot of trouble sleeping.  Everytime he tries to find his thumb, he accidently rolls over and then he can't get comfortable.  As a substitute for his thumb- because apparently it is too difficult to find on your stomach- he has started to suck his pointer and middle finger.  I had decided I would get over the fact that he was a thumb-sucker, but I refuse to let him suck the rest of his fingers.  But regardless, he is so uncomfortable and can't fall asleep- which is breaking my heart.  I have spent a few nights sitting at his bedside crying because I don't know what to do. 
Add that to the fact that he must be going through a growth spurt, because he is constantly starving.  When he is done eating (or so I think) I sit him up to burp- and there are horrifying cries!  He is so hungry!  So I called the lactation consultant, my mom and looked online.  Finally, I found some advice and I think the problem was I wasn't drinking enough water- so I guess we will see if it gets better.  But if all else fails, they say to drink beer (ugh!)
On a better note- Colt found his feet last Sunday.  I wasn't sure and I thought it was an accident, but all week he has been holding on to his feet.  He just loves them :) 
A good story- I had to go to the bathroom so I laid Colt down on a blanket.  When I came back, he had rolled over on to his stomach and was looking up at the tv- this kid is something else!
And lastly, a quote from me- as Colt screamed in my face- "I don't know how this kid breathes with buggers this size in his nose."

No comments:

Post a Comment